Homer Community Gardens Contract for 2014
I _____________________________________ agree to follow the guidelines listed below, and I accept the following responsibilities. I understand that this is required in order for me to be a participating gardener at the Village of Homer Community Garden.
- I accept full responsibility for the maintenance of my individual garden plot, and I accept shared responsibility for maintenance of common areas and furnishings including tool shed, compost, water access, sign board, pathways, and picnic tables. This includes locking water and shed after use, composting all plant debris, and carrying out all trash.
2. I will attend at least three of the Community work dates as scheduled and described on Attachment A.
Also, everyone is asked to attend the April Work Day, if possible, and an October Clean Up Day since many hands make light the work.
As a community gardener I understand the importance of helping with garden upkeep and improvement.
3. I will submit a rental payment of ten dollars ($10.00) per calendar year 2014. I understand that this payment is not refundable. In addition to the annual $10.00 fee, a key for the water spigot and tool shed is available for a one-time, returnable $15.00 deposit.
4. Plots are rented only to residents of the Village of Homer, one per household. Exceptions will be based on the board’s discretion.
5. I will notify the garden coordinator if I cannot care for my plot. During periods of absence, I will make arrangements for my plot to be watered and maintained. I understand that if my plot appears to be neglected or abandoned and the situation is not corrected, I will be given email and telephone notice by a coordinator and my plot may be forfeited.
6. I will remain on the premises while using the water.
7. I will use only pesticide, herbicide, and fungicide products approved for organic use. Violation of this rule is grounds for immediate forfeiture. Information on organic gardening methods is available through the garden coordinator.
8. I will notify the garden coordinator upon voluntary termination of my contract and clear my plot.
9. I will respect absolutely my fellow gardeners and the garden’s neighbors by not disturbing them or their property in any way and by using shared space appropriately.
10. I agree to follow the gardening rules as established by the garden board.
Waiver and Release
The Village of Homer and Homer Community Gardens are not responsible for personal injury or property damage incurred by any plot renter, or for theft, loss, or destruction of any property owned by any plot renter.
By signing this contract, I assume full responsibility for my conduct and agree not to engage in unacceptable conduct including but not limited to vandalism, consumption of alcoholic beverages, use of tobacco products or illegal drugs, verbal or physical harassment, or littering.
I understand that participation in Homer Community Gardens shall not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability in the administration of the garden or its programs.
In the event that a dispute arises between gardeners or gardeners and its organizational leadership, I agree that the board of Homer Community Gardens will act as the arbiter and that its decision will be binding on all parties.
I have read the foregoing contract, waiver and release of liability and voluntarily executed this with full knowledge of its content and intending to be legally bound.
Signed ______________________________________ Date _____________________
Primary Gardener _______________________________
Back up contact and / or gardening partner:
File: Homer Community Gardens 2014 contract Revised 2014.04.01
Homer Community Gardens TOGETHER!
2014 Schedule for community garden work
(subject to change based on weather or other garden-related contingencies)
*Spring and Fall work days
* at least three sessions through season
Saturday, April 26 at 9:00 am (rain date will be Saturday, May 3)
Spring Work Day. Everyone Please Attend. Thank you!
Neaten pathways, clean up beds and top with soil and compost. Turn compost. Manage load of old horse manure? Fresh mulch to mound?
Collaborate. Plan ‘mound’ planting, and …chat about gardening.
Monday, May 5 at 7:00 pm
Weed and plant mound, site work as well as own garden work,. .. and share garden planting ideas!
Saturday, May 17 at 9:00 am
Turn compost and other site work as planned
Monday, June 2 at 7:00 pm
Our first Monday evening garden-together. Let’s make 7:00 pm on Monday evenings our ‘garden together’ time through the garden season in order to tend to our own plots and the mound. We get a lot of weeding done, but the schmoozing just might be the best thing for our gardens: We learn so very much from each other about pests, bugs, diseases, vegetables, and life! Do come!
Mondays at 7:00 pm throughout June, July, and August.
Weekly Monday evening garden-together dates.
Saturday, June 14 at 9:00 am
If needed to finish site projects.
Saturday, September 13
Good date for a Harvest Picnic? Could be lunch or dinner time.
Saturday, October 18 at 9:00 am
Fall Work Day – attendance really appreciated. Involves lots of pulling and composting and mulching
Saturday, October 25 at 9:00 am
If there are any last jobs to do…(there always are)